The 150 Best Instagram Captions for Every Type of Post
If you’re anything like me, you take about four minutes choosing a filter for your Instagram photo, and about four hours deciding on a caption.
Worst of all, after much creative effort and advice from friends, I’m usually barely able to write a caption that goes beyond, “Had a fun day with friends!”
And I’m a writer — go figure.
Next time you’re contemplating a caption to go with your Instagram photo, take a look at our complete list of captions for any mood you need to evoke or audience you want to connect with.
You can incorporate many of them into an Instagram business strategy (just make sure your audience would indeed find your caption funny, clever, or the right amount of sass.)
Click one of the following links to jump to a section:
- Funny Instagram Captions
- Clever Instagram Captions
- Sassy Instagram Captions
- Song Lyrics for Instagram Captions
- Business Instagram Captions
- Holiday Instagram Captions
- Seasonal Instagram Captions
Funny Instagram Captions
- [Employee]’s favorite exercise is a cross between a lunge and a crunch … S/he calls it lunch.
- I need a six-month holiday, twice a year.
- We tried to be normal once. Worst two minutes of our lives!
- There are 16-year-olds competing at the Olympics and some of us still push on “pull” doors.
- Namast’ay in bed.
- That awkward moment when you’re wearing Nike’s and you can’t do it.
- I’m just a girl, standing in front of a salad, asking it to be a cupcake.
- What if we told you … you can eat without posting it on Instagram?
- We know the voices in our heads aren’t real, but sometimes their ideas are just too good to ignore.
- We don’t know what’s tighter: Our jeans or our company culture.
- Friday … Our second-favorite F word.
- We don’t care what people think of us. Unless they’re our customers. We definitely care what customers think of us.
- All you need is love … and investors. All you need is love and investors.
- Hi, we’re [company name]. We build amazing apps and eat amazing apps.
Clever Instagram Captions
- Patience — what you have when there are too many witnesses.
- Maybe she’s born with it, maybe it’s the Clarendon filter.
- “Life is short.” False — it’s the longest thing you do.
- Happy Sunday! There may be no excuse for laziness, but [I’m/we’re] still looking.
- Rejection is just redirection.
- Better an “oops” than a “what if.”
- You have stolen a pizza our hearts.
- The world is changed by your example, not your opinion.
- Seven billions smiles, and these are our favorite.
- Stop working hard and start working smart.
- When life gives you lemons, you make lemonade. When [company name] gives you [type of product], you make money.
- Imposter complex is just a byproduct of success.
- Life is simple. It’s just not easy.
- The best times begin at the end of your comfort zone.
- When nothing goes right, go left.
Sassy Instagram Captions
- What’s a queen without her king? Historically speaking, more powerful.
- Be a little more you, and a lot less them.
- We’re an acquired taste. If you don’t like us, acquire some taste.
- Well-behaved people don’t make it into history books.
- Be sunshine mixed with a little hurricane.
- We got 99 problems, but an awesome marketing team ain’t one.
- Sometimes you just need to do a thing called “what you want.”
- You can’t do epic stuff with lame people. And we got the best in the biz.
- It’s not called being bossy, it’s called having leadership skills.
Song Lyrics for Instagram Captions
- “I’m gonna live like tomorrow doesn’t exist.” — Sia, “Chandelier”
- “I live for the nights that I can’t remember, with the people that I won’t forget.” — Drake, “Show Me a Good Time”
- “I hope you never lose your sense of wonder.” — Lee Ann Womack, “I Hope You Dance”
- “You may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one.” — John Lennon, “Imagine”
- “If you give, you begin to live.” -Dave Matthews Band
- “Outlining my findings, using life as a stencil.” — Kero One, “In All the Wrong Places”
- “Feeling good living better.” — Drake, “Over My Dead Body”
- “Say oh, got this feeling that you can’t fight, like this city is on fire tonight” — OneRepublic, “Good Life”
- “Time makes you bolder” — Fleetwood Mac, “Landslide”
- “If I fail, if I succeed, at least I’ll live as I believe” — Whitney Houston, “The Greatest Love of All”
- “The rest of the world was in black and white, but we were in screaming color.” — Taylor Swift, “Out of the Woods”
- “Lightning strikes every time she moves” — Calvin Harris, “This Is What You Came For”
- “We aren’t ever getting older” — Chainsmokers, “Closer”
- “Sing with me, sing for the years, sing for the laughter, sing for the tears” — Aerosmith, “Dream On”
Business Instagram Captions
- Good evening, [city]! We’re in town for [event] at Booth [#]. Stop by and say hi!
- “If you’re offered a seat on a rocket ship, don’t ask what seat. Just get on.” -Sheryl Sandberg, COO of Facebook
- Our [#]-person squad completed the [road race name]! And we did it all for the post-run sneaker selfie. 👟
- We got product in the pipeline … check back for an exciting announcement on [date]!
- Diversity isn’t a recruitment metric — it’s an ingredient for success. At [company], we thrive on the unique backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives of our people.
- Spot the CEO. 😉
- At [company name], our best asset is our people.
- We had a great time with our customers at [meeting/event]! @[client/partner], you guys rock.
- Thrilled to have [customer] at our office today! Come back any time. 😊
- [Company name] is off for [holiday]! We hope you all have a safe long weekend.
- Big things have small beginnings. [Company]’s HQ began right here.
- “It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.” -Herman Melville
- How many [company name] employees does it take to spell “TEAM”?
- Want to work with these awesome people, working on a lot of awesome things? We’re hiring! Click the link in our bio to see our current openings.
- Check, check, one, two … is this thing on? [Company name] is now on Instagram! Follow us to learn about our culture, product, and (awesome) people.
Holiday Instagram Captions
- “Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other.” — Abraham Lincoln
- Didn’t make it to midnight.
- Resolutions are made to be broken.
- Ringing in the new year — like a bell.
- “Tomorrow is the first blank page of a 365-page book. Write a good one.” — Brad Paisley
- New year, same me.
- Time to show off my bubbly personality.
- Any excuse to wear glitter.
- Starting off the year on the right foot.
- Roses are red. Violets are blue. Consider this post my Valentine to you.
- Don’t tell me you love me. Tell me you’re outside with pizza.
- All I need is you. (And maybe wine + chocolate too.)
- “You can’t blame gravity for falling in love.” — Albert Einstein
- 99% of my socks are single, and you don’t see them crying about it.
- I will do anything for love. Except that. And that. Or that. Or…
- Sorry, I’m in a relationship with tacos.
- “All the single ladies…”
- Creeping it real.
- I brake for Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups.
- “When the spooks have a midnight jamboree, they break it up with fiendish glee…” — The Legend of Sleepy Hollow (1949)
- You’re just my (blood) type.
- How to eat candy corn: don’t.
- Double, double toil and trouble; Fire burn and cauldron bubble.
- Driving me batty.
- I’m wearing my elastic pants.
- “For those of you who cannot be with family this Thanksgiving, please resist the urge to brag.” — Andy Borowitz
- On a veggie diet this Thanksgiving: Carrot cake and pumpkin pie.
- “Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.” — Oprah Winfrey
- I think, therefore I cran.
- Bad day to be a turkey.
- Need fuel for Black Friday.
- “Okay, guys. I have exactly 28 minutes before I have to baste again.” — Monica
- Grateful. Thankful. Blessed.
Christmas & Hannukah
- You sleigh me.
- Fa la la la llama.
- “O Christmas tree, O Christmas tree, your ornaments are history.” — The Cat
- “It’s not what’s under the Christmas tree that matters. It’s who’s around it.” — Charles M. Schulz
- Dear Santa, let’s not talk about this.
- Rebel Without a Claus
- Doesn’t Santa have anything better to do than watch us while we’re sleeping?
- All I want for Christmas is you (and wine would be nice).
- To all you cotton-headed ninny-mugginses out there
- Drop it like a top.
- Wishing you a latke love this Hannukah.
- I want to eat 8 latkes for the calories of one.
- One little candle can light up an entire room.
- Keep calm and spin that dreidel.
- Deck the halls with matzo balls!
Seasonal Instagram Captions
- Hello, spring!
- “And I think to myself, what a wonderful world.” — Louis Armstrong
- April showers bring may flowers.
- I think I just experienced all the seasons in a single day.
- I love allergy season, said no one ever.
- Currently soaking up the sun and smelling the roses. Please leave a message after the beep.
- I owe a lot to the inventor of flip-flops.
- “Here comes the sun, and I say… It’s all right.” — The Beatles
- “Live in the sunshine. Swim in the sea. Drink in the wild air.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Life’s a beach
- School’s out, Sun’s out, Guns out
- “A little bit of summer is what the whole year is all about.” — John Mayer
- 90% happy, 10% burnt
- Girls just want to have sun
- “Summer lovin’ had me a blast, summer lovin’ happened so fast.” — Grease
- Happiness is a cold popsicle
- Life is better by the pool
- My favorite color is October.
- “Wild is the music of autumnal winds amongst the faded woods.” — William Wordsworth
- Sweater weather.
- It’s never too early for pumpkin spice.
- Meet me in the corn maze.
- Crisp air. Apple cider. Flaming foliage.
- Pumpkin spice and everything nice.
- “Anyone who thinks fallen leaves are dead has never watched them dancing on a windy day.” — Shira Tamir
- Leaves are falling, and autumn is calling.
- “In the depths of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.” — Albert Camus
- If it’s snowing, I’m not going
- Cozy nights. Good books. Hot chocolate.
- Do you want to build a snowman?
- Running on caffeine and holiday cheer
- “Winter is not a season; it’s a celebration.” — Anamika Mishra
- Merry and brrrrrrright
- Having snow much fun.
Editor’s note: This post was originally published in June 2019 and has been updated for comprehensiveness.